Books I've read

Books I've read

Unbroken - By Sharon Osbourne

This is the latest book Sharon has published back in 2013. One reason I like this book and re read it. Is because she writes detailed chapters and they flow very easily , the book starts from 2007 she goes on to explain why she left X factor ( Tbh this was one of the top reasons why I bought the book.)

Another reason why I bought this book is because it feels like you as the reader are being transferred to a different world - the glamour of LA is described really well because Sharon writes and describes places as if people are tourists. I like that because I feel it gives her book a very personal touch I say that because even through Sharon uses the places she uses she goes on a daily basis you can tell she realises how lucky she is. 

Finally I love the way she talks about her own personality and even her bad traits and how she works on the bad traits because she knows she is not perfect. Also she writes lovely stories about her kids & her new granddaughter Perl too.

Calling Mrs Christmas - By Carole Matthews 

This is the first book I've read by Carole and tbh I bought it in WHSmiths just because of the pretty cover with the glitter. But the story is great because the subject topic of the main charter Cassie being unemployed is handled very well and isn't very deep and won't make you upset but having said that it makes you think.

The other charters that are involved in Cassie's life are great to one of the reasons being they all have completely different jobs this makes them interesting and the book easier to follow. Also I re read this book because the book follows a solid time line of a events and the doesn't flick from a idea then back again. 

I also found this book in a way inspiring because one of the themes of the book is " The grass is greener " or if my life were easier it would be better and what that can lead too. Because 9 times out of ten for people and the character of Cassie realise that some problems on the list go away, but other problems appear. So I found it inspiring to try a think about how grateful you should be and embrace change.

On a final note I love the way Lapland is set and researched really well plus reading about Lapland for me brought back memories because I went as a kid with my mum & dad for a holiday and it was magical.  

Upfront & Personal - By Coleen Nolan

It wouldn't be a blog post if I haven't read a auto- biography. I found this book in a charity shop and bought it because I'm a massive fan of Loose women. It's interesting to read from my view because I never realised how big and successful the Nolan's were - they were before my time I wasn't even born!. Reading about there time in Japan was funny because it was so intense for them.

Also I like reading about her childhood about being one of 8 kids and how her parents made sure they had treats and did activity's like other kids even through there was so many of them. And also about how different her mum & dad were as people but Coleen loves them both still even if she does different things with her kids. 

One thing that surprised me is how young Coleen was when she started performing and how full on it could be all while she was at school, This is one of the main reasons why it took her so long to come to terms with  the success she had because even through she loved it. I got the sense she wishes could have had more choice and more freedom. Having said that she always says the experience's of performing, cruise ships and the people who looked after her made great memories plus she realises how lucky she was to be listened and looked after by never been made to do anything she wasn't happy with. 


Hope you guys enjoy this blog post about the books I've read this month 
Love GH XX        

  



       

Comments

Popular Posts