One end to the other end of the spectrum books

One end to the other end of the spectrum books

Hi Guys long time no blogging,  I know that I promised a book post in my last blog post just for something different so here you go.

My first book I have to talk about is Orange Blossom Days this is the first book I have ever read by Patricia Scanlan, so I didn't know what to expect in terms of her writing style. 

Set in the south of Spain in a apartment complex called La Joya the book is centred around a group of people 3 couples - Sally-Ann & Cal, Austin & Anna, Juliet & Felipe plus the La Joya's manager Eduardo. One of the reasons I enjoyed this book was because of how detailed all the stories are, and also how the characters are well described in terms of looks for example, plus all the scenes were very well set out. 

Plus there are a lot more characters linked to the main sets of people, they all have family, this for me anyway kept the book moving, but having said that I did have to go back and forth between pages because I felt like I had missed bits out, but then I do have a tendency to scan read sometimes. Because of this one thing that helps about Orange Blossom Days is every new chapter has the names of the characters at the start.


I would also say this book is a great "escapism book ", the reason being every person has a different problems and also completely different personalities. This can lead you to getting tangled up in the life's that they have.

Framed by Ronnie O'Sullivan 


Framed couldn't be any more different to Orange Blossom Days ( hence the title of this blog post ). One of the reason's why I bought this book is because I heard a radio interview that Ronnie did before Framed was on release to the public and I was intrigued.

One thing that I automatically assumed was that the book would make more sense if I was a big fan or knew a lot about snooker, but that assumption was wrong because Ronnie doesn't really mention the game of snooker, Framed is a very charter driven book. Also when snooker is mentioned it's described very well.

Frankie James is the main character the book is written in his voice. His brother Jack is involved to and is a big part of the plot, The relationship between the brothers is very complicated because they care about each other and want to help each other. Even if it would course problems, the family values and conversations are very realistic and strong you can tell there siblings 

What I would also like to mention is the language in this book is quite bad so something to think about before buying. That being said when reading it and forming the picture of Frankie in my head I would have expected him to talk like that.

This book is great if you want to escape to a different world too. I found myself getting drawn into the world of the characters 

Hope you guys have enjoyed this post 

Love GH Xx
  

Comments

Popular Posts