Marilyn Monroe themed look

 Marilyn Monroe Look My Version


Hi guys long time no see but tbh during Covid-19 my full time job went abit crazy I was working more hours from home, so grateful I have that option. That my blog kind of took a back seat. But thank you for reading my blog very sweet of all of you ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–




So how to get this look 
1) Now this may sound backwards but start by applying lip balm then apply , the shade of lipstick called Best of the Best number 510 by the brand Rimmel. The reason why I apply first is because in my experience it needs time to dry. For a quick option use a clear top coat over the top that works fab too.

As some of you may know my favorite red highstreet lipstick is Ruby Tuesday by Max factor that is a true "Marilyn" colour but even though it's beautiful is is more of a gloss in formula so can be messy to apply and takes time. And you have to be careful and check about topping it up after food and drink. Which with the Rimmel one this happens but it's not as easy to notice.
2) Is the foundation by Covergirl the Outlast stay fabulous 3 in 1 this stuff is amazing such great coverage for my skin that I don't need to use concealer when I wear this. I'm in the shade 810 and it matches fab I will say it does look a bit orange in the bottle. But don't let that stop you using it because once it's on my brush it looks pale but healthy at the same time. 

Now I use dence a brush for this product just because I like the way it looks and sits on my skin after using these brushes so it's a personal choice thing.
I use Spectrum brand AO3 https://www.google.com/search?q=spectrum+brush+Ao3&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=sinv&sxsrf=ALeKk00QSRRE5Hn7x8gSirx-2vGpKdZYtA:1609864893384&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiroeyInoXuAhUBsXEKHQeZADsQ_AUoAnoECAIQAg&biw=360&bih=560&dpr=2#imgrc=1wSO2UPjygDRPM

3) For eyes I only used two products a Laura Mercier eye primer in Cotton now I know they're cheaper alternatives the Body shop one is great. But this is the first one I picked also it is my favorite for all day wear. And if being fussy and picky it really annoys me when my eyeshadow starts to wear. ( Of course they're bigger issues in the world) but it just gets to me.

The shadow I used was a Mac powder called Raising Star now it's expensive and can be used as a bronzer for people with darker skin. I want to say that I wouldn't buy it again and it's not worth the money but that would be a lie ๐Ÿ˜‚. I love it because it's a true gold colour and u don't need a lot so it will last.

4) Now for blush I used 3 products just because I liked the way they build together. First being Summer Sunrise (VY) by Rosie Autograph the M&S range now this is a fab everyday blush and works brill as a highlight too. I don't think the M&S makeup gets the credit it deserves the powder products are fab for pale skin tones with great staying power. A u can get two different themed looks out of the same product, either a dramic or not. 

The second blush colour I used was 2 eyeshadows from the AM to PM palette by George at Asda a gold one and a tiny bit of purple. The palette is not easy to get a hold of now because Asda is not a make up retailer but if u can get your hands on one do.
Finally I used a Number 7 mascara and Covergirl tru blend powder to set, this powder is the best I have ever used because of how finely milled it is. This is great for someone like me who can cake the powder on just because personally I like to make sure it's set well.

I know this was a long post so thanks for staying with me ☺️. I'll try and post more regular basis because I really do enjoy it.

Thanks again guys keep safe 
GH Xxx









                  

Comments

Popular Posts